Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stress

Stress seems to be something that is unavoidable in todays world. Stressors in my life are: trouble seeking a job, family problems, homework, and car accident, money. Since I've turned in my papers and projects my stress level goes down. However when I get a new assignment it goes right back up. I was also in a car accident late tuesday night so that is causing a lot of stress on me as well as a lot of pain. Some of the ways that stress affects the body is: ulcers, back pain, neck pain, upset stomach, diarrhea, teeth grinding, poor sleeping habbits, depressed, anxious, irritable, hostile, migranes, drug and alcohol abuse. These are only a few of the ways your body can be affected, there are many more (physically and emotionally).

Managing/reducing stress:
  • avoiding triggers
  • sharing feelings, and thoughts is a good way to get it out in the open
  • I like to listen to music or write it down
  • prioritize
  • exercise
  • reward yourself
  • eat and sleep well

No comments:

Post a Comment